Examine Trends in Distribution Arrangements seen across Specialty Therapeutic Areas
Specialty distribution arrangements are becoming a validated and reliable strategy for companies marketing specialty products that have safety, regulatory or reimbursement focal points. As product class/type is one of many factors influencing selection of the optimal distribution arrangement, this session presents an overview of the common reasons and channels being chosen across different therapeutic areas. Hear an analysis of the trends seen in distribution through retail and wholesale channels and in particular, the rise of specialty pharmacies and distributors as a choice for distribution planning. Specifically, examine the underlying reasons influencing the strategic decisions involving specialty distributions, including Risk Evaluation & Mitigation Strategies (REMS). Also, discuss the disadvantages of specialty distribution channels including the need to pay additional fees to specialty pharmacies or distributors to institute patient outreach programs and information gathering.
• Compare the use of different channels in the specialty market
• Analyze trends in distribution arrangements by looking at unique characteristics:
* addressing regulatory/safety concerns
* oral specialty products (oncologics, etc.)
* reimbursement hurdles (coverage under Part B vs. Part D, etc.)
Oleh Denysyk MBA, Pharm.D.
President and COO, Pharmaceutical Intelligence; Director